- RICKERT & SAALFELD e. K. was founded in 1958 by Richard Rickert and George Saalfeld.
- Mr. Rickert started with exports of textiles to the Far East and Africa and Mr. Saalfeld with button & engraving machines plus the equipment to the Unites States.
- After a few years, the textile business decreased dramatically and therefore the complete business was focused to machinery and equipment business.
- In the middle of the 6th decade the business was concentrated more and more to tools and equipment for the jewelry and watch production.
- With start of the 7th decade, the business of RICKERT & SAALFELD e. K. expanded to the Far East and the first long-term relations to customers in this area originate of this time.
- From that time onwards, the volume of sales to the Far East grew steadily and today it is one of the main areas for our business.
- End of May 1986 Richard Rickert was retired and left the company.
- On January 01, 1997 Uwe Saalfeld entered the business of RICKERT & SAALFELD e. K. in the second generation.
- With start of the second millennium RICKERT & SAALFELD e. K. built up several partnerships with well-known German and European factories and sells these products (partial on exclusive basis) as their agent.
- With start of the year 2007 RICKERT & SAALFELD e. K. is one of two alliance partners for the Simichrome polishing paste and responsible for the complete world except of the United States.
- On September 11, 2008 we celebrated our 50. birthday.
- End of December 2008 George Saalfeld was retired and left the company. Uwe Saalfeld continues the complete business.
- On July 01, 2009 we moved into our new house, which is located in Ganderkesee near Bremen.
RICKERT & SAALFELD e. K. takes part of the two most important fairs in March in Basel (Baselworld) and in September in Hong Kong (Hong Kong Jewellery & Watch Fair) every year.